Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Questions...

Brodie at View from the Basement is asking a similar question to the one I'm interested in:

So I guess the question is, ‘is it just the context for how we tell our stories & communicate with each other’ that is changing or is there a more fundamental change taking place?

I used to go to a church in Melbourne where they were starting an adult catechumenate that I really wanted to participate in. When I moved to the UK, I (half seriously) asked our minister if I could continue participating via correspondence. His answer was interesting - he said no because it's too important to experience community "in the flesh" - incarnate. I am wondering if the same problem arises with communication via blogs. I guess it's a little different because blogs aren't trying to replace church communities...

It will be interesting to see how this develops, both in my experience and in the wider blogging world over the coming years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home